- 188232 - Mechanical Designer
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Designer for an opening in Germantown, MD.
Digital Receiver Technology, Inc. (DRT), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Client Company, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Designer. DRT designs, manufactures, and markets DSP-based Software-Defined Radios (SDR) globally. Specific areas of expertise include DSP-based receiver design, communication systems theory, cellular/PCS/wireless communications, software, electronic packaging, digital and RF hardware design. Electronics packaging designer. Candidate must be able to create models of parts in CAD and create accurate and concise fabrication and assembly documentation that follow industry standards and communicate with a vast audience. Their designs must be optimized for cost and ease of manufacturing. Candidate will also be involved in design reviews, component selection, perform tolerance analysis, and prototyping of new designs.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience using 3D modeling tools, Creo is preferred.
- Must be able to conceptualize and design parts using a variety of fabrication processes.
- Must be able to create models of parts in CAD and create accurate and concise fabrication and assembly documentation that follow industry standards.
- Their designs must be optimized for cost and ease of manufacturing.
- Experience with injection molding plastics, vacuum forming plastics, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, connector selection, cable design, graphics design, and rendering in CAD.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.