- 188482 - OFP (Operational Flight Program) Software Engineer
- Up to $75.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an OFP (Operational Flight Program) Software Engineer for an opening in Arlington, TX.
The successful candidate will support integration and configuration of computational system architecture and software for real-time simulation applications
• Entry level engineers will support functional requirements implementation for software systems
• Create new simulation models using established and new modeling techniques
• Design, develop, code, integrate and test simulation software to meet requirements
• Troubleshoot and maintain existing simulation models
• Apply software engineering principles to complete assigned tasks and schedule commitments
• Complete work with a reasonable amount of direction
• Must possess the ability to work within and positively contribute to a team environment
• Apply sound engineering principles, develop innovative solutions and participate in design reviews
• Prepare, check and coordinate release of support documentation to appropriate program and company standards
• Communicate status/issues along with solutions/recommendations to lead engineers
• Experience designing and developing software to an ICD (Interface Control Document)
• Experience working in large software systems
• Experience debugging complicated software issues
• Experience developing scripts to automate repetitive file editing tasks
• Integration and Test experience in a collaborative team environment
• Knowledge of compiler differences and ability to modify software for a specific compiler
• Required Languages: C++, Ada, Perl
• Required Operating Systems: Linux
• Experience working with RTOS (Real-time Operating Systems)
• Experience porting large software systems to new platforms
• Experience developing embedded software for defense applications
• Experience working with MIL-STD-1553 and/or ARINC interfaces
• Experience using gdb or other live debugging tools
• Experience in flight simulation (preferred)
• Knowledge of computer networking standards (Ethernet)
• Experience using Rational ClearCase
• Experience in assembly language programming (any processor)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.