- 188532 - Materials Procurement and Inbound Planner
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $33.28 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Materials Procurement and Inbound Planner for an opening in Plainsboro, NJ.
Strategic / External Communication:
• Responsible of the analysis, calculation and application for the items under scope of the safety stock, safety days, purchase order quantities, minimum order quantities, economic order quantities, and order frequencies for IG and EG raw materials.
• Develop and implement a raw material supply plan which provides an uninterrupted flow of materials to the manufacturing operation whilst optimizing the total system cost.
• Proactively work as a focal point leading the integration between different roles involved with the aim of achieving reliable raw material supply (purchasing, quality, logistics, suppliers, warehouse, and procurement).
• Ensure project sourcing requirements are met for aligned business unit.
• Perform raw material forecast accuracy analysis.
• Help define and implement KPIs to monitor performance and highlight issues on an ongoing basis in order to improve the efficiency of the team.
• Assess training needs and help develop/conduct training programs to support best practices.
• Identify both system and process improvement opportunities.
• Oversee order processing activities, address and resolve issues to prevent stock ruptures and to meet business partner material / service requests.
• Manage status enquiries raised by the planning team, customer service team, production, management, and other business units.
• Provide root cause analysis/update on items below safety stock, on Not Released Report, Blocked Batch Report
• Liaise closely with planning team regarding supply issues; work with planning team to resolve exceptions to balance Supply and Demand and schedule Purchase Orders as needed.
• Manage and analyze IG/EG suppliers’ performance and punctuality
• Analyze supply performance and generate different reports (e.g. Open Purchase Order report, Outstanding Purchase Orders report, etc)
• Ensure project sourcing requirements are met for assigned project scope within aligned business unit.
• Complete other projects as assigned
• Monitor open purchase order report for any late deliveries. Review late purchase orders and investigate.
• Collaborate with material procurement planners, and transportation & distribution to resolve any issues regarding late raw material deliveries.
• Update purchase order delivery dates in SAP.
• 3+ years’ experience managing procurement area, following suppliers performance and being responsible for the available raw materials at consumption point or related supply chain experience
• Skilled at working in a fast paced environment open to constant change in demands
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines and multi-task daily activities
• Self-directed individual with a Can-Do attitude
• Ability to work within a team
• Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in standardizing processes
• Proficient in Supply Chain Planning techniques
• Proficient in Inventory management
• Must be proficient in managing frequent phone and email communications
• Detailed understanding of Materials Replenishment Planning concepts and their role in supply planning
• Detailed understanding of how a supply plan is generated and managed
• APICS Certified preferred
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, or related field
1st Shift, Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.