- 188558 - Mechanical Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Technician for an opening in San Leandro, CA.
Assemble large and small mechanical systems and some basic electrical/soldering skills preferred – mostly large module assembly with some both bench top component assembly.
• Familiar with common mechanical tolls and basic electrical understanding including soldering
• Familiar with power tool and crane/hoist operations
• General machining skills a plus
• Test & Measurement equipment (calipers and volt/ohm meter, etc.)
• Understand simple and complex verbal English instructions
• Able to communicate clearly in English
• Able to read and follow written English directions and (simple and complex) mechanical prints, diagrams and assembly instructions as well as simple electrical schematics
• Experience with hi-vacuum, water circulation systems preferred
• Candidate will work under direct supervision
• At least 5 years of experience performing complex mechanical assembly work
• Log and report writing to describe work and maintenance
• Forklift operation experience required
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift flexible start time generally 7:00AM, depending on program requirements – Overtime is possible
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.