- 188564 - IT Security Analyst
- Up to $72.58 DOE
- 6 months, CTH
Chipton-Ross is seeking an IT Security Analyst for an opportunity in Rosslyn, VA.
We are seeking an Information Technology Security Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is supporting OIG CIO contract in Rosslyn, VA. The IT Security Office is responsible for OIG information security policies, procedures, and services to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information within the information technology infrastructure. The OIG’s information resources are sensitive assets and are critical in the performance of its mission; therefore, information security services help safeguard the information resources entrusted to the OIG.
• Implements and interprets the requirements for agency compliance with policy directives governing IT infrastructure protection.
• Executes USPSOIG security policy and compliance management program
• Administers Security Tools including Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection,
Microsoft/Fortinet Web Application Firewalls/Palo Alto Firewall, Microsoft Exchange online protection, Microsoft Sentinel SIEM, RAPID 7 and Nessus scanners, Vulnerability management and analysis
• Responsible for primary or alternate management of all IT Security systems including patch management, upgrades, integration engineering, reporting.
• Manages IT Security awareness training program in cooperation with Learning
• Serves as CIRT/CERT member
• Conducts Computer Security Forensics
• Responds to IT Security trouble tickets generated by customers and IT staff.
• Manages Password Management system in coordination with Service Desk
• Configures and monitors security using Microsoft enterprise solutions (windows client OS, Active Directory, Group Policy management); assessing and remediating Microsoft enterprise vulnerabilities
• Actively executes, supports, and maintain application security scanning tools for all major OIG agency applications
• Effectively monitors all OIG network and systems activity for potential suspicious or malicious events
• Develops security architecture, technical solutions for security products, and collaborates with members of CIO and Business units
• Candidate MUST possess at least 7 years of specialized IT experience with at least 5 years in IT operations (cloud focused application services, virtual hosts and infrastructure security a priority).
• Candidate MUST possess a Degree in cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field • Candidate MUST possess GIAC, CISSP certification(s) (or equivalent); CISCO/Microsoft Security Certifications; DHS Security Certification; CEH,isc2-CCSP, CCSK, Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), GIAC Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB)
• Ability to administer and manage Windows and Linux-based systems running security systems applications.
• Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities relating to security certification and accreditation
• Knowledge in implementing FISMA, NIST, OMB guidelines, and other Federal regulations and guidance. Experience interpreting and implementing FISMA/NIST requirements focused on the operational implementation and documentation of those requirements
• Ability in executing Security Operations including incident detection, identification, management, response, and reporting. Must have experience in incident management
• Ability to assess risk factors and advise on vulnerability to attack from a variety of sources and procedures for protection of systems and applications
• Knowledge of security requirements for cloud-hosted environments and services and mobile application development and deployment Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and other technical specialists
• Ability to plan, organize and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision
• Current MS Windows Server and Linux operating system certification (desired)
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification
MUST possess a Degree in cybersecurity, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
School must be accredited.
5/40 workweek. Full Time telecommute might be considered for the perfect candidate.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.