- 188680 - Flight Controls Technician
- San Antonio
- $27 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 8 Flight Control Technicians
Responsible for mechanical maintenance (preservation, repair, inspection, overhaul, replacement of parts) on Commercial aircraft types in strict adherence to instructions provided in appropriate technical documentation.
1. Remove and replace various aircraft components with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor's directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
2. Operationally check, test, rig and adjust aircraft flight control systems to ensure functionality to manufacturer's specifications.
3. Support training activities within the crew including assisting and providing on the job training to lesser skilled mechanics.
4. Maintain and store various tools in a serviceable condition.
5.Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
6. Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
7. Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
8.Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Under general direction. Normally performs duties after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results. Some opportunity for discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is usually reviewed upon completion.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A moderate level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with co-workers and supervision.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Requires easy mobility around various sections of aircraft and
the dexterity to remove and replace parts in a timely manner. Requires mental skills and quickness with the ability to cope with stress and intense effort or exertion usually caused by long working hours. Must have the capacity to gain knowledge by hearing for one's own safety due to the dangers involved. Working environment requires standing 90% of the workday on hard surfaces. Must be able to lift 50lbs. and report to work regularly.
OWNERSHIP OF TOOLS: Must possess a toolbox containing the minimum tools required for APG mechanics.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. A&P License desired or specialized training.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years preferred in heavy commercial maintenance.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Flight Controls experience with MD11's, however any aircraft will suffice.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.