- 188822 - Procurement Specialist
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $31 to $43.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Procurement Specialist for an opening in San Diego, CA.
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Specialist Procurement is responsible for the management and procurement of hardware, microwave, and electronic components, which can be in support of U.S. government contracts.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, microwave, radio-frequency and complex components, and services related to both design and production requirements.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Source, evaluate and qualify new and existing Suppliers.
• Support and promote Client TRF’s supplier diversity program and ensure inclusion in procurement process.
• Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including supplier development and continuous process/cost improvements.
• Created, lead, and maintain G2G plans for low or poor performing suppliers, update Segment Risk Review as required.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, NDAs and payment term.
• Perform source justifications, cost/price analysis, and required Purchase Order documentation for all types of commodities and services in accordance with CPSR requirements.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems and report back to the IPT teams.
• Work with Material Planners and Program Managers to maintain component delivery commitments consistent with production, ETC, and program requirements.
• Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (Federal Acquisition Regulations, Sarbanes/Oxley, etc.).
• Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
• Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
• Purchasing in the electronics industry with at least 6 + years of recent and relevant experience.
• Proficient negotiation skills, strong verbal aptitude, and excellent writing skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office capabilities (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Must be process-oriented, with strong continuous improvement and problem solving skills.
• Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) familiarity is required.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) is required.
• Ability to read and understand, drawings, and specifications.
• Knowledge of RF, military or aerospace component requirements.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Knowledge of and experience with ERP; Infor LN experience is a plus
• Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
• APICS, ISM, PMP, or Contract Management certification preferred.
Accredited B.S. degree in Supply Chain, Business or Economics preferred, or equivalent education required.
9/80, Day Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.