- 188940 - Machinist
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Machinist for an opening in Stennis, MS.
The candidate of choice will be responsible for new product machining development. The candidate will be operating out of our facility to create and validate machining programs for CNC Lathes, Vertical & Horizontal CNC Mills and Horizontal 5-Axis CNC machine centers. Currently uses MasterCAM to complete and send programs to our Machine Centers.
• Must have at least five (5+) years’ experience in programming and set-up of CNC Machines.
• Must have at least eight (8+) of experience working in a machining environment.
• Expert with MasterCAM
• Must be able to program utilizing Creo models and working with multiple Axis and limited dimension drawings.
• Ability to do set-ups
• Solid troubleshooting ability related to work holding, tool selection, speeds, feeds, and etc
• Ability to do processing and work with engineering for router instructions
• Strong with GD&T
• Experience with AS9100 is a plus
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Ability to work well as a team member and manage and build relationships across departments.
• Detail oriented, able to problem solve with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Safety conscious behavior
• Able to read blueprints, drawings, models or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Able to decide the sequence in which the machine operations have to be carried out and the amount of material to be removed in each step of the sequence.
• Able to Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Able to create and modify programs with company software and document all programs.
• Able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
•Able to prove out 1st piece run on any given machine. • Able to calculate the time required to complete the job.
• Able to facilitate SAP/VECAMS work-order flow in accordance with company standards
Accredited Associate degree or higher in machining technology from an accredited technical institution.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.