- 188968 - General Mechanic
- Tinker AFB
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a General Mechanic for an opening at Tinker AFB, OK.
Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes. Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment. Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components. Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components. Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements. Oversees training. Works under general direction.
- Maintains, repairs, and modifies aircraft, components, and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification required for assigned work.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Considerable care and judgment required to fit and adjust parts and assemblies to requirements and specifications and in performing various assembly and installation operations.
- Work with the guidance of management and peers
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Contractor required to provide own tools.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.