- 189019 - Shipping/Receiving Clerk
- Up to $15.00 DOE
- 5 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk for an opening in Sarasota, FL.
Perform a variety of warehousing, store room and material distribution activities using the ERP system along with Customer Portals and Freight Carrier processing Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stocking materials, inventory control and accuracy, picking, counting, and packaging products for shipment, data input and material shipments.
• Unpackage and visually inspect material.
• Enter received material into computer system.
• Monitors inventory counts and requests count adjustments as required.
• Responsible for accurately inputting data into the computer systems for material movement transactions. This includes SAP, GTS, Freight carrier systems, and customer portals.
• Prepares shipment packing lists, invoices, and certificates of conformance for deliveries.
• Generates and files AES/ACE, Customs Compliance and other customer requested documents for deliveries.
• Provides timely customer service regarding materials to all internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the HSE policy and management system, the importance of conforming with HSE policies and procedures and consequences of failing to comply with the HSE policies and procedures.
• Run daily reports to determine shipment schedule.
• Shipments made according to Rate – UPS, Fed Ex, DHL and LTL Carriers.
• On time shipment of product to customers.
• Coordinate with production Team Leaders and Supervisors for product availability.
• Follow all Safety Requirements for working in Shipping including wearing Safety Glasses, Steel toe Shoes, Kevlar Gloves.
• Use proper Lifting techniques with the ability to move, pack and lift heavy packages for shipment.
• Customer focus, dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal customers for tasks and projects.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be able to work under deadlines.
• Must be able to accurately count (including very small parts).
• Promote and Support the 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization of the work area.
• Ability to use analytical problem solving tools.
• Other tasks may be assigned by manager.
• 2 years minimum experience in a logistics environment.
• 2 years experience with an ERP systems or an equivalent system.
• Experience in the Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with Export Controls and Regulations.
• Must be able to read and write in English.
• Ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
• Willing to work overtime if required.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to sit, stand, reach, squat, stoop, and bend.
• Must be able to use a ladder.
Sitting 15%, Walking 20%, Standing 35%, Lifting 30%
Fast paced, quick changing environment with a lot of team interaction. Interacting with a variety of
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.