- 189214 - Manufacturing Technician 2
- Up to $23.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician 2 for an opportunity in Beltsville, MD.
Candidates will provide support for production in a team-based manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Technician will perform processes in the Advanced Thermal Heat Pipe department. The Manufacturing Technician will follow written work instructions to fabricate and test thermal heat pipes in accordance with established processes and procedures. Candidates will use a variety of hand tools and calibrated gauges to cut, flatten, bend, and abrade to engineering drawings.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under limited supervision
• Operate equipment such as hand tools, tubing benders, and calibrated gauges
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to use step ladders regularly
• Candidate must possess the aptitude to read and follow written manufacturing instructions and technical procedures as well as interpret blueprints/engineering drawings & sketches
• Experience handling of hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA and industry standards
• Demonstrates high level of concern for safety of self and others
• Willing to work flexible schedules as needed to meet delivery dates
• Computer skills; MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
• Proven experience in identifying and applying continuous improvement
• Experience in handling and bending of various types of extrusions or sheet metal
• Experience in fast-paced work environment with time management
• Detail oriented
• Self-starter with organizational and prioritizing skills
• Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and delegate tasks for product flow
• Ability to utilize visual management to communicate task assignments, product status, and team performance
• Must be team oriented and focused on meeting customer needs
• Ability to speak and present data in front of small to medium sized group
High school diploma/GED.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.