- 189254 - Principal, Global Trade Compliance Specialist
- Up to $50.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Principal, Global Trade Compliance Specialist for an opening in Arlington, VA.
• Assist with managing the development and implementation of policies to ensure compliance with U.S. trade regulations as outlined by the Department of Commerce [Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)/Export Administration Regulations (EAR)], Department of State [Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)/International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)], Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of the Treasury [Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)], and any other exporting regulatory agency as required
• Interface with internal and external customers in trade compliance matters
• Assist with managing the corporate trade compliance program.
• Develop and implement business processes, procedures and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. Government trade regulations and corporate policies
• Assist with the management of the internal commodity jurisdiction evaluation process
• Provide assistance on jurisdiction and classification matters
• Analyze reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the export/import process, and report on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities
• Help to identify training needs, develop, and provide training pertaining to trade requirements
• Provide support to assist with fulfilling the requirements of the Consent Agreement
• Review, coordinate and track voluntary self-disclosures
• Assist with scheduling and data collection in preparation for internal assessments, audits, etc.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
• Minimum 12 years practical business experience in a highly regulated business environment
• Ability to apply U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios
• Specialized knowledge of multiple areas within U.S. Government regulations and business practices
• Attention to detail and follow through on tasks assigned
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to travel as necessary to support the functions of the job
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to foster and work well in a team environment
• Proficiency in OCR EASE export administration and licensing software
• Experience working under a Consent Agreement
• Experience conducting jurisdiction and classification reviews
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing
• Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent practical work experience required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.