- 189461 - Assembly Operator
- Tempe. AZ
- Up to $15.00 DOE
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembly Operator for an opening in Tempe, AZ.
The Assembly Operator's primary function is to perform a variety of tasks to assemble potted modules that meet all specifications and that only quality product moves forward. The ideal candidate must be able to multitask in a manufacturing environment for the purpose of assembling or inspecting night vision assemblies against set criteria with collected data for use in the production and compliance assurance of image tubes.
All of the work will be performed in an environment that requires prolonged sitting or standing.
• Must be able to consistently report to work and be on time for scheduled shift
• Ability to work with small fragile parts
• Ability to follow work instructions and make operation entries on computer terminals
• Microscope and inspection experience
• Use of hand tools and specialized testing equipment
• Participate in process improvements
• Keep work area orderly and clean
• Teamwork oriented
• Work with engineering and engineering technicians
• Perform other duties as assigned
1 to 2 years related work experience
• Previous ISO environment experience
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of all safety (mechanical, chemical, electrical) procedures applicable to the job
• J-STD solder certification and/ or experience preferred
• Lean manufacturing principles and 5-S
• Computer experience required and Microsoft literacy preferred
9/80 work week
2:30 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.