- 189690 - Environmental H&S Engineer
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 10 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Environmental H&S Engineer for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
This position is responsible for supporting and facilitating the implementation of an effective Environmental and Health, Safety (EHS) management system that will ensure ongoing compliance towards Client EHS standards and regulatory compliance, while improving site EHS culture. The EHS Engineer will actively collaborate and participate as a valued member of the EHS team to provide EHS guidance, technical support and coordinate activities and processes across the site.
• Reviewing current and proposed regulations and company requirements; recommend appropriate program measures to ensure compliance. Develop proactive strategies to prepare for upcoming changes and drive actions to ensure compliance with regulatory (Federal, State, County, Local) and corporate requirements.
• Coordinating and managing critical EHS programs including but not limited to: Ergonomics, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE), Hazard Communication, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection Program, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO), Confined Space Entry Program, Hazardous Waste Management, Storm Water Pollution Prevention
• Providing backup and assisting Facilities Engineering group on facility projects and production process improvement projects
• Providing input on EHS concerns and working with employees at all organizational levels to determine corrective action strategies
• Developing and providing training and guidance to site personnel, leadership and contractors to ensure compliance with regulatory and company training requirements
• Developing EHS policies/procedures and ensuring that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures
• Supporting incident investigations, determining root cause, developing corrective actions, preparing safety alerts, and conducting closure verification activities
• Supporting EHS inspections, self-assessments and audits
• Monitoring corrective action closure
• Coordinating risk assessments, and working to deploy corrective measures to continuously reduce site hazard risk profile
• Ensure that safety training and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees.
3-5 years of EHS program management experience required
• Familiar with OSHA Standards for General Industry (i.e., Fall Protection, Hazard Communication) required
• Experience with Industrial Hygiene and chemical safety practices preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated computer skills, including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred
• Proven ability to work on teams. Requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Strong organizational skills, project management skills, time management, and attention to detail preferred
• Ability to identify, initiate, and execute detailed tasks supporting continuous improvement activities preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related field
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.