- 189966 - Engineer Mechanical 2
- $35.89 to $44.87 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Mechanical 2 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Perform analysis, design, and test of one or more moderately complex ordnance components and systems with the Propulsion Engineering department. Analyze requirements for materials, structural components, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs, and requirements of other portions of the product. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts, evaluate completed design with other technical groups, and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs required to evaluate design work.
1. Perform mechanical engineering duties on ordnance and pneumatic hardware to include component and system design, integration and testing.
2. Perform Environmental Lot Acceptance and Qualification Testing to include environmental, non-destructive and function testing.
3. Perform complex engineering design, development and analysis of components and propulsion systems.
4. Conduct trade studies and evaluate alternative designs.
5. Based on broadly defined problems, study basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems and applies the engineering principles involved to develop new designs.
6. Anticipate customer needs and find innovative ways to provide for those needs.
7. Originate and develop constructive ideas. Consistently look for ways to modify or change existing methods or processes to improve outcomes.
8. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution; Analyze project requirements and develop detailed planning, conceptual designs, and risk analysis.
9. Interact with internal and external customers; Assist the customer in defining system requirements and in the generation of specifications for products or sub systems.
10. Develop and present materials for project related briefings including design reviews to be given to internal and external customers.
11. Support new business and prepare proposal material.
• Requires BS in Engineering & 5 years of experience
• Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred
Demonstrated experience performing ordnance product development and test
• Candidate must have a minimum of five years of related experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Ability to travel 10%
Experience working with the following software packages or analysis techniques preferred:
• Supply chain management
• Product development
• Ordnance testing
• Configuration change management
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.