- 190067 - Quality Inspector
- CA-Northern California
- Santa Rosa
- $21 to $23.00 DOE
- 9 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Santa Rosa, CA.
• Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspection on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
• Conducts Receiving inspection of mechanical parts and optical assemblies.
• Performs in-process inspections.
• Conducts outbound inspection and audits of new and repaired products. Performs routine and non-routine tasks requiring the operation and application of metrology and calibration equipment.
• Maintains accurate and updated laboratory notebooks and data entry records.
• Assists with supplier evaluation and corrective action.
• Interfaces with members of the Mechanical Engineering, Planning/Materials, Production departments.
Knowledge of IPC-A-610 and IPC-W7HMA-A-620A preferred
• Able to interpret engineering drawings
• Experience in use of micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, microscopes, optical comparators, etc.
• Knowledge of a wide variety of inspection methods and equipment.
• Ability to perform complex shop mathematics.
• May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, with assistance and sit at a desk for long hours.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination; be able to perform repetitive hand movements; have close, distance, color, depth and peripheral vision.
• Typical office/manufacturing environment.
• Fast-paced and changing environment.
• Education – A.A. degree, vocational certificate, or equivalent Years’
• Experience – 1-3 years’ experience in supply chain or manufacturing in a hi-tech environment, previous experience in defense and aerospace preferred
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.