- 190206 - Accounting Compliance Analyst
- $28 to $34.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Accounting Compliance Analyst for an opening in Orlando, FL.
• Manage several division level reports due regularly to Sector around weekly reporting and cash flow.
• Ensures timely and accurate submittal of deliverables to Sector/Segment, Corporate, and Division.
• Maintains appropriate business controls to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Recommends and helps implement process improvements with regard to financial analysis and financial reporting.
• Conducts ad hoc analysis as required by management.
• Assists with the development and implementation of accounting and finance policies and procedures.
• Tracks and provides status of progress and performance against the approved Plan.
• Maintains financial policies, practices and procedures for the Division.
• Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
• Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
• Typical office environment.
• Fast-pace and changing environment.
• Some stress related to financial reporting deadlines.
• Willing and able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
• Experience – 2+ years of related experience.
• Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, advanced formulas and queries.
• Working knowledge of data collection, statistical and financial data analysis, and evaluation.
• Understanding of accounting principles that integrate Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
• Knowledge of Government accounting and design and application of rates is desired.
• Prior experience with an ERP system.
• HFM experience is desired.
• Able to coordinate and communicate effectively with peers and all levels management.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
• Able to lift up to 10 pounds and reach for items on shelves.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.