- 190226 - Sustaining Engineer IV
- Up to $62.50 DOE
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Sustaining Engineer in Acton, MA.
Sustaining Engineer. The position is for a work stream lead who will be working with a cross-functional team to remediate legacy product documentation to meet update requirements put in place by MDR. This individual needs to be a self-starter, organized, and ideally has experience with technical writing, project management, EU-MDR requirements, STED files, risk management, and good documentation practices.
Skills: ERP experience (SAP preferred), Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word), Solidworks, SolidEdge (Nice to have).
As a Project Leader in Sustaining Engineering, you will lead cross-functional Sustaining Engineering project teams to complete product branding transition projects from planning through implementation. This position is for someone who is goal driven and enjoys working in a dedicated cross-functional team environment.
An appropriate candidate must be a flexible, self-directed, organized, dependable, proactive, and persistent project leader. He or she must effectively plan and manage time and projects, solve problems, and make decisions with limited direction.
Specific project scope:
Allen Medical Systems, Inc. is in the process of finalizing the documentation required to be EU-MDR. This position will be directly involved with assisting the business in driving documentation remediation across the finish line.
Related project-based duties of the Sustaining Engineering Project Leader role include overall coordination and responsibility for execution of the following:
• EU-MDR technical documentation creation and corrections
• Update engineering drawings and product specification to meet new regulations
• Assist with Reach/RoHS compliance documentation
• Engineering Change Request to update and release documents and materials.
• Development and performance to project schedules
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities will be to effectively organize and lead cross-functional project teams using project management skills. Using your strong planning, organization, and collaboration skills, you will independently manage the projects with limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree – Technical/Engineering Degree preferred
• At least 3 years of applied project management experience
• Applied experience with Office Suite applications
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, R&D, QA, Regulatory, Sourcing, and Operations.
• Prior ERP (preferably SAP) experience including DIRs, BOMs, MMDS, and Engineering Changes
• Previous project management experience for similar project scope
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.