- 190252 - FPGA Design Engineer
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $78.59 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a FPGA Design Engineer for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design engineer with industry experience in digital communications, modems, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:
• Digital filters
• Forward Error Correction (FEC)
• FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
• GPA of 3.0 or greater (3.5 preferred)
• 6+ years FPGA design experience on Digital Signal Processing designs.
• Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
• Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
• Experience implementing industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
• Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
• Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
• FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
• Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
• Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.