- 190443 - Software Engineer 4
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 4 for an opening in Hazelwood, MO.
We are currently seeking a Senior-Level Software Quality Engineer to become part of the Training Systems team in St. Louis, Missouri. Training Systems is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for a wide variety of commercial and military aircraft - everything from F-15 fighter jets to Apache attack helicopters, and even NASA's new Starliner spacecraft. As a senior software quality engineer, you will help teams pivot from a legacy mindset of inspecting quality into product to one of building it in from the start. This will include designing, creating, and implementing key processes, mindsets, and frameworks that engineering teams will leverage across multiple products. Partnering and leveraging key IT and enterprise engineering tools and initiatives, the successful candidate will develop roadmaps and then work hand-in-hand with developers to implement automation into their products. In addition, the SQE will support contractual requirements, such as inspection of product, evaluation of test plan, version documentation, and test reports, with a keen eye toward future automation.
• Lead various Training System's quality improvement initiatives
• Collaborate with peers to create roadmaps and improvement plans to software quality engineering processes and techniques
• Work with product teams to implement modern quality practices and techniques
• Create and run compliance assurance activities
• Conduct contractually required software quality audits and inspections
• Evaluate test plans, version documentation, and test reports for quality issues and trends
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction.
5+ years of experience dealing with software development projects
• Experience with multiple modern languages / frameworks
• 1+ years of experience in all aspects of system development, production, and architecture: proposal, design, analysis, development, test, verification, validation, and operations (field testing and deployment)
• Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
• 1+ years of experience with Python
• 1+ years of experience reading and interpreting C/C++ code
• 1+ years of experience with build automation software (Jenkins, Hudson and/or Bamboo)
• Experience with Git (or other version control systems), including branching strategies and methodologies
• 1+ years of experience working as a Software Quality Engineer
• Proficient in technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Rancher, Git, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, and AppDynamics
Accredited Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other technical degree
Up to 10%
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Candidates will need to be local to STL as this is a hybrid schedule (virtual and in-person each week).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.