- 190457 - Project Engineer 5
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Engineer 5 for an opening in Hazelwood, MO.
Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers. Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements. Works with customers and management to obtain approval. Identifies and manages changes to statement of work and assesses the impact of those changes, and incorporates changes into statement of work. Negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules. Leads project execution to complete the work statement. Identifies performance metrics. Plans, identifies and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program. Assigns responsibility for activities to team members and ensures technical correctness and consistency of products and services. Directs proposal development to complete the work statement. Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned. Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance. Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans. Works under consultative direction.
• Collaborate with multiple skill teams to identify opportunities to expand the use of client Support Equipment, with internal and external customers.
• Take an active role in the development of technology and business roadmaps and the identification and pursuit of any necessary investments.
• Provide recommendations regarding the prioritization of Support Equipment growth opportunities and related investments.
• Understand and support initiatives by collaborating with the capability teams and the business organizations.
• Communicate technical and business benefits to customers and senior management to obtain concurrence on program direction.
• Work closely with engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve the affordability and quality of the Support Equipment products.
• Experience leading projects consisting of multidiscipline teams.
• Familiar with the technologies being applied to modern Support Equipment.
• Understanding business case development and evaluation.
• Experience communicating, verbally and in writing, with senior management.
• 5+ years of experience leading business driven decisions to include budgets, staffing levels, Basis of Estimates (BoE), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statements of Work (SOW)
• 10+ years of experience working with Support Equipment.
• Familiarity with Support Equipment customers, military and commercial.
• 5+ years of experience with aircraft systems, structures, or propulsion
Accredited Engineering degree in any of the following majors: Aeronautical Engineering; Aerospace Engineering; Computer Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Technology.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Manager is open to virtual candidates.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.