- 190460 - Manufacturing Engineer 2
- Oklahoma City
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 for an opportunity in Oklahoma City, OK.
Assists in the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies. Participates as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the integration of technical solutions. Works with others to develop, identify and implement conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build. Assists in implementing manufacturing plans. Resolves technical problems and assists in the implementation of new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts. Assists in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies. Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
• Describe the project they will be working on: Technical support for Transactional and Performance Based spares proposals and orders
• Size of the Team: 15
• Main job responsibilities: Review and generation of technical data packages in support of spare part procurement. Detailed review of 2D drawings to identify material/process obsolescence, manufacturability concerns, and other required updates. Writing high level manufacturing plans that provide critical build requirements to spare part suppliers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job: Knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes, such as sheet metal forming, machining, etc.; ability to read and interpret old 2D drawings; attention to detail; ability to clearly communicate technical requirements to technical and non-technical personnel
• Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): BS in engineering or science field, approximately 3 years’ experience in aerospace domain
• Software skills required: Microsoft office suite, some CATIA would be helpful
• Any certifications required: N/A
Accredited BS in engineering or science field, approximately 3 years’ experience in aerospace domain
WORK HOURS: 7:00am-4:00PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.