- 190488 - Structural Analysis Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer 3 for an opening in Hazelwood, MO.
Plans and organizes structural analysis work at the program level to assure total compliance with structural integrity and stability requirements. Develops, integrates and documents complex or unique structural requirements to establish the system design. Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment. Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by defining requirements for development of analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance of the product. Works with customers and regulatory agencies to define certification processes that will ensure requirements are met. Reviews and approves certification results. Develops test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications. Defines and organizes test programs to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied. Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort. Investigates emerging technologies to develop future product designs to meet projected requirements. Works under consultative direction.
- Performs development, integration and documentation of structural requirements to establish the system design. Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment.
- Assists product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Performs development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Works under minimal direction
• Describe the project they will be working on: This position will provide static and durability/damage tolerance (DaDT) structural analysis and documentation in support of a tactical fighter program.
• Size of the Team: 6
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
o 3+ years of experience in structural fatigue analysis
o 3+ years of experience in a military or commercial aircraft environment
o Must have at least a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
o Software skills required: Nastran and Patran
o Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): At least a BS in Engineering with a minimum of 3 years in DADT or Crack Growth
Accredited Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
The manager would prefer local candidates.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.