- 190602 - Systems Engineer
- Wright-Patterson AFB
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opening in Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
Candidate should have experience working with multi-level security environments
- Will perform WAN testing, latency testing, and throughput testing for various systems within the SCARS testbeds
- Needs to be able to test and understand traffic exchanges between networked nodes
- Experience with GPS/NTP timing testing and be able to track error propagation through multiple systems and subsystems
- Requires experience with network administration on both Windows and UNIX/Linux based systems
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Designing, configuring and testing software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Must currently possess CISSP certification.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years’ or a Master’s and 2+ years of experience in Networking, Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, or related field.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.