- 190632 - Engineer Communication Systems 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $27.72 to $86.59 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Engineer Communication Systems 2's for an opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Communications Systems Engineer will support architecture trades, design analysis, and performance modeling through computer simulation. This individual will provide systems engineering support to hardware developments for space, and ground systems utilizing state-of-the-art antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronics technologies. Project roles span all phases of product development cycle, from new business acquisition, and IRAD/ technology development to established programs delivering integrated hardware and software systems. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of working experience OR a Master's Degree in STEM and 3 year of working experience .
- Practical working experience with system architecture design, trade studies, and performance analysis and simulation
- Technical experience with supporting hardware development utilizing antenna, RF, digital, and microelectronic technologies
Essential experience in one or more of the following areas:
·RF and digital hardware design
·Baseband and digital signal processing
·Signal detection and estimation
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
- Candidates have completed relevant coursework in Communication Theory and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with baseband and digital signal processing, and waveform design
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field is required.
School must be accredited.
5/40 workweek. Must be willing to work on-site at Redondo Beach, CA in a Lab environment.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.