- 190895 - Test & Evaluation Lab Technician 3
- Patuxent River
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test & Evaluation Lab Technician 3 located in Patuxent River, MD.
Plans, conducts and documents tests on products, systems, components, materials, and manufacturing processes and technologies. Designs, fabricates, builds and analyzes test systems, materials, components, software and methodologies. Coordinates test requirements, determines test methods and capabilities. Conducts system test preparations by coordinating system integration, fabrication, modification, setup, checkout and teardown. Conducts tests, analyzes data and documents results; participates in test readiness reviews. Troubleshoots and resolves laboratory and test-related problems. Coordinates test laboratory activities and maintenance and repairs. Coaches and trains others. Works under general direction.
• Proficient in reading schematics and mechanic drawings
• Experience in electronic/ mechanical assembly and cable fabrication
• Experience with cable routing and installing electronic equipment in racks.
• 5 years working in Engineering Lab Environment or comparable Military experience.
• 5 years experience trouble shooting and repairing electronic hardware.
Must be a local candidate- available to work onsite
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
• 3 years’ experience working with Avionic/ Flight Simulation equipment
• 1 year experience maintaining computer hardware
• J-STD-001 solder certification- Preferred
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Successfully completing OJT is a contingency
Travel to St. Louis required first week for training
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.