- 191080 - In-Process Inspector
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $22 to $23.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an In-Process Inspector for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
1. Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
2. Perform visual inspection of electrical assemblies, including circuit boards, solder joints, cables, transformers to company and industry specifications and standards.
3. Check physical appearance of parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation, and wiring.
4. Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimensional inspection using scales, micrometer and calipers.
5. Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of conformal coating of circuit boards).
6. Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications and standards.
7. Review records for completeness, as required, including Work Orders, Engineering Changes, Manufacturing Process changes, Material Discrepancy Reports, Rework documentation, test data, etc.
8. Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and correctness to the test requirements and limits.
9. Perform assigned surveillance audits.
10. Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship, equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and other related duties, as assigned.
11. Interface, as required, with internal counterparts, in Engineering, Production, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Contracts, and Internal Customers.
12. Inform the inspection lead and/or lead of production of any assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
13. Verify and record configuration and present to Document Control and/or the Customer/ Government Representative (s).
1. Must be able to interpret/ follow documents such as: Drawings, Procedures, Engineering Change (EOs) Work Orders and Work Instructions.
2. Ability to work with measurements and math.
3. Knowledgeable of assembly practices and requirements.
4. Interface, with Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Internal Customers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, TRAINING
ANSI/J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, and IPC-620 latest revisions and ESD Electrostatic Discharge preferred.
High School or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with J-STD-001 and/or IPC-A-610 requirements. One-year certificate in a quality related field from college or technical school desired.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.