- 191519 - Systems Engineer 3
- Oklahoma City
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Systems Engineer 3's for an opening in Oklahoma City, OK.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
• Maintain the Italy KC-767 Verification Plan (the over-arching plan that defines how continued airworthiness is achieved on the International Tanker Program).
• Research the original certification basis for KC-767 International Tanker and determine which civil and military airworthiness requirements are applicable to post-production configuration changes
• Establish and maintain certification and compliance plans for post-production configuration changes
• Develop familiarization briefings for the Italian customer describing planned configuration changes and the certification and compliance plan associated with them
• Coordinate regularly (e.g. monthly) with the Italian airworthiness office regarding current status as well as any issues or concerns
• Conduct project closure meetings with the Italian airworthiness office to ensure all requirements have been met and the design is in accordance with all applicable airworthiness requirements
• Coordinate and document proposed methods of compliance
• Effectively negotiate resolution to differences of opinions between Systems Engineering and AW SMEs regarding proposed methods of compliance and sufficiency of certification data artifacts.
• Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to navigate conflict effectively
• Experience with Federal Aviation Requirements (FARs). Experience with MIL-HDBK-516 a plus.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects (time management skills)
• Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience (including foreign customer(s)).
• Bachelor's degree or higher
Accredited ducation/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Systems Engineering and/or certification/compliance on civil derivative platforms.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
The manager would prefer that the candidate is in one of the following areas: OKC, Colorado Springs or Ft. Walton Beach. These are the locations of the current team members and the manager would like this candidate to be able to go into the office as needed.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.