- 191570 - Safety Specialsit
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Safety Specialist for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Reviewing current and proposed regulations and company requirements for applicability; recommend appropriate program measures to ensure compliance. Develop proactive strategies to prepare for upcoming changes and drive actions to ensure compliance with regulatory (federal, state, county, local) and corporate requirements.
• Coordinating, or supporting critical EHS projects and/or programs including but not limited to: Ergonomics; Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE); Hazard Communication; Fall Protection; Respiratory Protection Program; Lockout/Tagout (LOTO); Confined Space Entry Program; Regulated/Hazardous Waste Management; Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP); minor source Air Permit; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC); Sustainability.
• Providing input on EHS concerns and working with employees at all organizational levels to determine corrective action strategies.
• Developing and providing training and guidance to site personnel, leadership, and contractors to ensure compliance with regulatory and company training requirements.
• Reviewing/modifying EHS procedures and forms and ensuring requirements are effectively integrated.
• Supporting incident investigations, determining root causes, developing corrective actions, preparing EHS alerts, and conducting closure verification activities.
• Supporting EHS inspections, self-assessments, and audits for both environmental and health and safety compliance.
Assisting with various types of sampling for both environmental and human exposure purposes (including associated analytical interpretation and report-writing).
• Coordinating risk assessments and working to deploy corrective measures to continuously reduce site hazard risk profile.
• Familiar with OSHA Standards for General Industry (i.e., Fall Protection, Hazard Communication) required AND/OR familiar with EPA and Utah environmental regulations and permits required (i.e., SPCC, SWPPP, air permit/emissions, waste)
• Familiar with sustainability principles and application preferred
• Experience with Industrial Hygiene and chemical safety practices preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated computer skills, including but not limited to MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred
• Proven ability to work on teams. Requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Strong organizational skills, project management skills, time management, and attention to detail preferred
• Ability to identify, initiate, and execute detailed tasks supporting continuous improvement activities preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related field
• 3-5 years of EHS program experience required
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.