- 191686 - QA Technician
- Grand Prairie
- $15 to $25.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a QA Technician for an opening in Grand Prairie, TX.
• 1) Inspects and tests finished assemblies of electromechanical instruments and equipment, Cables, Circuit Card assemblies, and measuring, indicating, and controlling instruments, for conformance to specifications, using magnifying devices, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments: Reviews work orders, blueprints, or other specifications and confers with supervisor, engineer, and other personnel to determine product dimensions and specifications.
• 2) Examines electrical, structural, and mechanical components and housings for defects in assembly, soldering, bonding, and finish.
• 3) Measures dimensions and verifies locations of parts, holes, grooves, and other points, using precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, scales, & tape measures.
• 4) Tests electrical components and finished devices for electrical functioning, using electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscope, multimeter, voltmeter, and computerized test equipment.
• 5) Tests functional characteristics, such as freedom of movement, leaks, and torque.
• 6) Maintains records of inspection and test results and presents results to other staff for corrective action.
• 7) May inspect and test purchased parts and materials or internally manufactured assemblies.
• 3+ years of Experience as Electro-Mechanical Inspector, Reading Blueprints, using Standard Measuring Equipment, selecting random samples, and performing first article inspections. Familiar with an ISO9001 or AS9100 work environment.
• Preferred training or certification to IPC-A-610 Electronic Assemblies & J-STD-001 Soldered Electrical & Electronic Assemblies
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.