- 191865 - Software Engineer Lead
- Up to $90.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer Lead for an opening in Wilmington, MA.
Responsible for supporting software development activities ranging from proposal response, concept/architecture development, embedded software development (design, code, and unit test), system level integration and test, and post-delivery support requiring a deep understanding of embedded software development for complex aerospace imaging payloads.
• Experience with the full software development life cycle (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) from conceptualization and requirements analysis through final software verification & validation of space payload level systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and commercial communities.
• Work with our development staff across multi-disciplined teams to develop flight-based software to support in payload hardware/software Integration & Test (I&T) activities.
• Lead software development projects and serve as a liaison between developers, program management, analysts, other engineering disciplines, customers, and suppliers.
• Establish positive environment of encouragement and mentoring to team members
• Familiarity with LabVIEW and MatLab
• Strong problem solving, mechanical, mathematical and geo-spatial comprehension skills.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with customers, senior management, program management and suppliers as well as mentoring of junior engineers.
• 7+ years of direct experience in the area of software development, hardware/software interfaces, and test for embedded aerospace applications.
• Expert knowledge of embedded programming languages and concepts, such as C/C++, and object-oriented design.
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
• Experience in payload I&T and ground test equipment development
• Hands-on experience, in integrating and testing embedded processing systems to the software/hardware level.
• Thorough understanding of modern hardware/software tools and how these may be used to improve the development process.
• Experience in estimating large software programs for current and new business opportunities
• Strong ability to debug/analyze data
• Experience with the Linux Operating System (OS)
BS in Computer Science or related field, MS strongly preferred.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.