- 191988 - P-8 Training Systems Non Acoustic/EWO Subject Matter Expert
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a P-8 Training Systems Non Acoustic/EWO Subject Matter Expert for an opening in Hazelwood, MO.
Analyzes and develops solutions to complex technical problems associated with support, analysis and modification of flight simulators and data. Resolves programmatic and technical problems affecting cost, schedule and performance of flight simulators. Researches and resolves complex flight simulator operations issues, service problems and regulatory qualification concerns. Provides customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment. Reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to customer. Ensures compliance with customer, company and regulatory requirements and standards. Works under general direction.
- Selected candidate will support software delivery testing and device acceptance testing for Weapons Tactics Trainer (WTT), Part Task Trainer (PTT), and Training System Support Center (TSSC) as well as follow-on software upgrades to those devices.
- Write Acceptance Test Plans and Procedures
- Support P-8 training systems customers by assisting in the test of hardware and software. Candidate will also assist in the development of training requirements.
- This position will include operation of the Weapon System Trainer (WST), Weapons Tactics Trainer (WTT), Part Task
- Trainer (PTT), and Scenario Generation Station (SGS), as well as the addition of new device types.
- Mentors/Cross Train other team members.
- Review/edit subsystem and system level requirements and design.
- Create and status discrepancy reports for failed requirements.
- Analyze, review, and validate test data and acceptance test procedures.
- Prepare and publish user-level documentation, customer-based presentations, and tracking metrics.
- Listens and demonstrates understanding; clarifies meaning for others; speaks with clarity and precision; able to communicate with a diverse audience; writes clearly and concisely.
- Interface with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions.
- Work under minimal direction.
Degree is not required for this position
P-8 Instructor Experience: Acoustic or Non-Acoustic
Weapons School Instructor or FRS Instructor a Plus
No certifications or Software Experience Required
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Candidate will be asked to support test activities for P-8A U.S. Navy and P-8 Australia training devices to include software and hardware acceptance testing at facilities in St. Louis, MO; Jacksonville, FL; Whidbey Island, WA and Australia with potential for new customers and devices including India and UK.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
This is a hybrid position so the candidate will need to be local or be willing to relocate before start date.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.