- 192010 - Inspector
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $28.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inspector for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Responsible for performing inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications. Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies. Inspects and may perform minor rework on defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Maintains support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies. Reviews and reports performance data. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and test standards. Determines or assists in determining methods and procedures necessary for inspection. May interface with customer quality representatives or suppliers.
1. Compare work order/document package to the assembly for correct part number, drawing, revision, as-required approval(s), and Engineering Change Order(s).
2. Verify previous operations are performed and accepted. Ensure related documents are listed at the beginning of the shop order.
3. Check physical appearance of parts, subassemblies and assemblies for adherence to established industry workmanship standards, such as damage, solder quality, component orientation, and wiring.
4. Inform the supervisor and/or lead of production of any assembly problems, and generate a non-conformance document.
5. Perform assembly-related mechanical and dimension inspection using scales, micrometer and calipers.
6. Perform / verify requirements as outlined in process specifications (for example, fluorescent light examination of conformal coating of circuit boards).
7. Maintain a variety of records and inspection documents to comply with customer retention requirements.
8. Completed assigned surveillance audits.
9. Support less experienced inspectors, by assisting and providing guidance with informal training that utilize/reference company and industry specifications and standards. Formally train, as required.
10. Interface with internal counterparts in Engineering, Production, Planning, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Contracts, and internal DCMA.
11. Perform surveillance/verification of assembly workmanship, equipment calibration, manufacturing process, and test process, and other related duties, as assigned.
12. Verify assembly work order test results for completeness and correctness to the test requirements and limits.
13. Support the Shipping Inspection process, when requested.
Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
Communication & Influence
Communicates with contacts typically within and outside the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to understand and reach agreement. Makes recommendations for solutions.
Innovation & Complexity
Work may be structured within identified boundaries and procedures. May work on assignments requiring judgment and initiative. Uses knowledge and experience to resolve issues.
Works to achieve operational targets within job area which has impact on the overall achievement of results for the team. Work is of larger scope, typically on less structured task-related activities requiring judgement.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.