- 192170 - Quality Manager
- CA-Central California
- Goleta. CA
- Up to $72.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Manager for an opening in Goleta, CA.
• Drive advanced product quality planning throughout the product development, production, and service life.
• Skilled in contract and regulatory requirements identification, implementation, and compliance.
• Develops and implements standard work for: inspection and test compliance, quality systems, calibration, risk identification and mitigation, supplier quality, MRB, root cause & corrective action, failure reporting and related quality processes.
• Manage AS 9100/ ISO 9001:2015 and other respective quality standards implementation and ensure compliance
• Apply principles of quality science, and other qualitative & quantitative methods to cultivate and partner in driving performance to contract, quality, cost and schedule, customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement throughout the program lifecycle
• Collaborate with various QMS elements and other support functions and customers to meet the various quality, cost, and schedule commitments
• Responsible for successfully leading and developing a team of high caliber quality professionals
• Contribute and work with the Director of Operations, Engineering and Program Management in establishing the long- and short-term business plans and objectives for the business area. Ensure that those objectives are communicated effectively to subordinates. Develop tactical plans and budgets for labor, resources, and capacity necessary for function managed.
• Ensure that all departments involved in designing and producing goods are following quality, contract, and reliability requirements.
• Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, and field data
• Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
• Leads material review board, corrective action board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
• Ensure quality is an integral part of engineering design and manufacturing processes. Ensure quality, engineering & manufacturing work to implement APQP.
• Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
• Conducts program quality cost account management and manages supplier corrective actions.
• Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
• Implements Zero Defect methodology internally and at suppliers.
• Comprehensive knowledge and quality engineering skills within an Aerospace/Defense environment.
• Other related duties and special projects, as assigned.
• Experience managing several direct reports within a Quality department.
• Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestically and some internationally.
• Active Secret level government issued security clearance required.
• Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area.
• Experience using ETQ Quality Management System software.
o Experience with MRP systems
o Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
o American Society for Quality Certification
o Good communicator, self-motivated, attention to detail
o Six Sigma Black Belt
o Zero Defects implementation experience
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience, or we will also consider a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience supporting quality related functions within a AS9100 certified production environment.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.