- 192175 - Operations Manager
- CA-Central California
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Operations Manager for an opening in Goleta, CA.
• Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
• Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
• Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
• Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor and is responsible for managing two or more of the following activities related to operations: manufacturing, production planning, manufacturing engineering, test, quality, or shipping/receiving/stores.
• Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Manages individual(s) typically consisting of experienced professionals or lower level supervisors or associate managers.
• Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
• Has hiring, firing, promotion and compensation authority within own organization, in accordance with management review and approval.
• Applies EVMS and LEAN principles to job responsibilites.
• 7+ years of experience in manufacturing field.
• 5+ years of experience directly managing people.
• Strong working knowledge of:
o Six Sigma
o Continuous Improvements
Requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, or other technical related degree.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.