- 192226 - Quality Technician
- $25 to $27.00 DOE
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Technician for an opening in Cincinnatti, OH.
• Performs a variety of duties in electronic calibrations. This includes use of (multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, frequency counters, etc.), for calibration and engineering support. Works from engineering requirements, OEM procedures and written or verbal instructions. Duties include supervised and unsupervised assignments That require the application of technical fundamentals. Records calibration test data, documentation, and accept/reject data for all calibrations. Perform troubleshooting and failure analysis on electronic circuits and some specific test equipment related to calibration.
• Calibrates electronic test measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards. Maintains engineering specifications and other related technical records in accordance with the appropriate standards.
• Sets up test equipment and conducts calibrations following set procedures, appropriate standards, and record keeping.
• Uses electronic test and measurement equipment in performing job duties.
• Assist technicians, engineering aides and engineers as directed.
• Records test data, maintains test data in the Data Management System and accept/reject data for production & some engineering units. Performs failure analysis including root cause and corrective action on non-conforming calibrations.
• Troubleshoots, tests, and maintains electronic and electromechanical measuring and indicating instruments, devices, or systems as needed.
• Performs calibration checks, adjustments, modifications and replacements as needed.
• Corrects malfunctions by adjusting or replacing parts or components as directed.
• Uses computer in performance of technical documentation and reports. May conduct calibrations and record data to assist with failure analysis.
• Searches, investigates and selects technical reference data from OEM and other pertinent sources to perform assigned calibrations when necessary.
• Makes calculations employing prescribed mathematical formulas necessary for calibration.
• Maintains engineering specifications and other related technical records.
• Performs other job duties as directed.
A minimum of 4 years relevant experience required.
Electronic Calibration experience.
Requires well developed job knowledge and skills. Attention to detail and following procedures is a must. Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, and other electronic test equipment.
An Associates degree in electronics related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.