- 192307 - Buyer
- $27 to $32.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Bristol, PA
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer is responsible for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services with the objective of meeting established cost, delivery and quality initiatives.
• Issue requests for quotation/bid/proposal & analyze supplier quotes to determine best source in terms of cost, conformance to requirements, and delivery
• Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the cost and customer requirements.
• Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into cohesive, auditable and consistent cost packages.
• Analyzes material estimates to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Proposal Action Plan.
• Develops material cost histories and estimates to support proposal packages, audits, and negotiations.
• Document fair and reasonable pricing per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) by performing cost and and/or price analysis.
• Maintain accurate PO documentation per FAR/ Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) requirements and internal policies and procedures
• Purchase required materials, equipment, and services in accordance with the established Division and Corporate Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Meet established PPV (Purchase Price Variance) targets for cost reduction and cost avoidance.
• Initiate and maintain effective and professional relationships with suppliers.
• Select, develop and maintain suppliers capable of meeting quality, cost, timing and technology expectations
• Support client objectives by ensuring supplier commitment to continuous improvement
• Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (FAR, S/OX, etc.)
• Provide information / data, through outside contacts, on new materials, equipment, processes, and lead-time to respective department heads for their review.
• Advise respective department heads of economic conditions, obsolescence
• Negotiate cost savings and cost avoidance.
• Monitor - status open purchase orders to ensure punctual delivery.
• Resolve and process accounts payable / invoice discrepancies.
• Aide in resolution of receiving discrepancies.
• Negotiate the return of non-conforming material and services.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Purchasing Department Manager.
• Purchasing experience utilizing ERP and MRP (i.e.: Infor LN, Infor Visual, SAP, BAAN)
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
• Purchasing experience utilizing Infor LN or BAAN preferred
• Commodity purchasing experience of electronic components & machined parts preferred
• APICS, purchasing (ISM) or Purchasing Professional certification preferred
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
• Small Business Professional Certification preferred
• B.S. Degree in business, engineering or equivalent with Two years of purchasing experience with at least 1 year experience using FAR/DFARs flow downs within the manufacturing & AD industry. (Or 2 years post-secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience; Or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.