- 192579 - Aircraft Electrical Mechanic D
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 5 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic D for an opening in Waco, TX.
• A thorough understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
• In depth knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
• Great familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations and ability to proficiently self-inspect completed work
• In depth knowledge of aircraft electrical systems and assembly principals and techniques
• Ability and willingness to train and mentor lower level technicians
• General knowledge of military aircraft FOD and Tool Control requirements
• C-130H and C-130J Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), or modification experience a plus
• G550 Structure and Modification a plus
• 737 C Check and Modification a plus
• Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
• Performing electrical modifications, aircraft inspections or repairs, sometimes in confined spaces.
• Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary. Sometimes in confined spaces.
• Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents.
• Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to read and write the English Language
• Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
• Must possess mechanical skills and have the ability to assemble close tolerance part using hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet guns.
• Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved.
• May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.