- 192626 - Cad Designer
- Up to $60.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a CAD Designer in Wilmington, MA
This position will be responsible for providing Design support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit of Client.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation, and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
• Provide CAD support (Autodesk Inventor) to engineers and other designers.
• Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation.
• Manage and control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
• Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders.
• Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool (Vault).
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Expert knowledge in 3D parametric CAD modeling and PDM systems. Experience with Inventor and Vault highly desirable.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
• Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
• Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Previous experience in designing electro-optical and opto-mechanical payloads and sub-systems for aerospace & military defense applications.
• Experience in developing interfaces between spacecraft, payload systems, and sub-assemblies is highly desired.
• Previous experience in supporting the design of space structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures.
• Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
• Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.