- 192737 - Lab Technician
- NC-North Carolina
- 5 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lab Technician for an opening in Cary, NC.
• Verify if microbial contamination is present via streak plate testing.
• Assist Microbial Specialist with improving ACR biocide packages based in microbial testing and validation of
ACR Microbial Screening Method.
• Assist Microbial Specialist with validation of ACR biocide microbial detection methods.
• Perform latex polymer characterization using ACR Quality Control Test Methods (Total Solids, pH,
Perform assigned microbial testing
- Agar streak plate testing
- Gram Staining (Microscope used during testing)
• Prepare samples with different biocide levels for ACR Microbial Screening and biocide decay tracking.
• Inoculate and test latex samples using ACR Microbial Screening Method.
• Assist Microbial Specialist with validation of ACR Microbial Screening Method
- Verify method reproducibility
- Test different products with multiple biocide packages
• Summarizing microbial and analytical results using excel and power point.
• Document findings in laboratory notebook and SharePoint
Familiarity with safe work practices involving industrial chemicals
Proficiency with Excel
Ability to work in a team environment
AA degree or 2 years toward a university degree in Chemistry/Biology/Microbiology
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.