- 192785 - Business Consultant - Level 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Business Consultant - Level 2 for an opportunity in Burbank, CA.
Job Summary: A management or business consulting professional at the manager level or below conducting strategic planning engagements. organization assessments and other general business consulting. This designation does not apply to consulting professionals involved in application assessments, analysis, design or implementation.
Management consultants provide strategic, unbiased and objective advisory services which assist organizations in improving productivity and overall performance.
Consults on general business issues and serves as advisory expertise covers areas such as change management, financial performance, marketing, business restructuring, and human resources, with an emphasis on managing risks and costs.
A typical project will involve meeting with clients and researching and analyzing data, after which you will present recommendations to the clients and set a schedule for implementing improvements.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Seeking a Senior Analyst to support the integration of complex intellectual property rights and attribute data into the company’s Intellectual Property Rights Management system (“IPM”).
1. Works with Technology, the Business Units, Legal and key stakeholders to analyze, cleanse and covert intellectual property rights and attribute data into IPM, including comparative analysis of data across systems to facilitate conversion and resolve issues.
2. Analyzes and approves requests for the creation and maintenance of intellectual property data, ensuring conformance to legal and financial policy.
3. Analyzes and discerns intellectual property rights and ownership through review of production, distribution, co-finance, and other contracts and agreements.
4. Conducts complex rights-related research for client departments to clarify deal-points and rights information.
5. Researches and maintains rights-related attributes in IPM e.g., Rights Owned, Restrictions, Options, Holdbacks, Music Clearance, and Play Off/Sell Off data.
6. Researches and maintains non-Rights related attributes in IPM e.g., akas, production company, genre, release dates, box office, etc., and validates interfaces where applicable.
7. Interfaces regularly with in-house Business/Legal Affairs, Corporate Legal, Technical Operations, Sales and Participations to investigate and clarify rights and deal terms.
8. Participates in special projects such as IPM enhancement testing, data conversion, and design and analysis of data extracts to support e.g., reporting and data quality standards.
9. Assists with design and drafts of department policy around all the above, and improves / streamlines workflow, making recommendations on system, policy and business process improvements on a continual basis.
10. Designs key performance indicators to facilitate efficient work-flow and quality work-product.
TYPES OF DECISIONS MADE BY THIS POSITION:
• Must create innovative ways to solve new problems.
• Review of work prepared by other senior analysts as needed.
• At least four years of entertainment industry experience, including knowledge of contractual analysis.
• Prior experience summarizing legal agreements in a clear and concise manner preferred.
• Detailed understanding of distribution rights, ancillary rights, sales restrictions, holdbacks, talent approvals and similar product information tracked in the IPM system.
• Paralegal and/or contract administration experience a plus.
• Experience with intellectual property management systems is key.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Advanced Degree preferred.
• Strong MS Excel knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret legal agreements and comprehend legal terminology.
• Experience with intellectual property rights in the entertainment industry (distribution rights, derivative rights, underlying rights etc).
• Excellent written, verbal and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Customer service oriented.
Accredited Bachelor's degree
WORK HOURS: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.