- 192934 - Lead Systems Engineer
- $85 to $102.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer for an opening in Wilmington, MA.
• Provide technical leadership, maintain customer communications, and organize work packages and assignments to meet program objectives.
• Establish product requirements and ensure the delivered end item meets the customer’s product specifications.
• Holds Technical Subject Matter Expertise in electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, optical or equivalent engineering discipline.
• Relevant experience with the design, manufacture, integration, test and sell-off of space-based subsystems.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Ability to lead program milestone reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, FCA/PCA, PSR).
• Ability to collaborate across all levels of leadership.
• Experience in empowering employees, leading and motivating teams, and fostering collaboration.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – taking complex concepts and sharing with others
• Ability to architect an end to end space system with a full understanding of the product lifecycle
• Experience with project management aspects of technology development programs.
• Experience with estimating and managing costs, & creating and managing schedules.
• BS degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific discipline and at least 7+ years of relevant space-based EO/IR systems engineering work experience; or Masters Degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific discipline and 5+ years of relevant space-based EO/IR systems engineering work experience.
• 7+ years systems engineering experience with space-based EO/IR systems with electromechanical pointing and focus control.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.