- 193052 - Painter
- Broken Arrow
- Up to $17.00 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Painter for an opening in Broken Arrow, OK.
• Performs simple to complex paint, masking & curing tasks, with various industrial coatings, oven-curing, and finish work.
• Spray paint metal, composite and plastic structures in a controlled environment
• Will spray paint assemblies, subassemblies and parts.
• Prepares surfaces per documentation, includes masking, sanding, cleaning and media blasting as required.
• Mix paints and primers to manufactures specifications.
• Cleans spray equipment and maintains paint booth and curing ovens
• Works with epoxies, resins, and other chemical compounds, mixing according to specified formulas.
• Does inprocess inspection, documents results, maintains records, and prepares reports.
• Performs routine testing, such as coating thickness, resistance, tape and adhesion.
• Maintain a “6S Continuous Improvement” work area. This daily task is required of all shop employees.
• Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion. Work environment may contain noise, dust, heat, or chemicals.
• Competent using hand inspection tools ie, Calipers & Micrometers.
• Maintain full compliance with respect to all EH&S and safety requirements. Advise shop supervisor of any non-compliant issues immediately.
• Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
• Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
• Able to occasionally push, and reach.
• Able to lift 50 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 50 pounds).
• Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
• Must have sufficient vision to see relative differences in color and shading.
• Based upon your job duties you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
• Must be able to pass a respirator medical physical.
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Requires a high school diploma, an ability to do simple math and the knowledge to use a variety of hand tools, including sanders and grinders. Body Shop painting experience is considered a plus. The ability to read drawings (blueprints), operation sheets, and scales, is a plus but not required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.