- 193178 - Sr Prototype Machinist
- CA-Bay Area
- $35 to $40.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Prototype Machinist for an opening in Folsom, CA.
In this full-time hourly position, you will be assigned major experimental or developmental projects requiring the planning, layout, set-up and operation of all types of machine tools requiring the highest level of skill and job knowledge.
• Interpret prints, sketches, and written directives.
• Plan sequence of all operations.
• Lay out and set up complex work for the entire project.
• Fabricate temporary tooling and production aids when needed.
• Determine proper combination of feeds and speeds to the material being used.
• Maintain all shop safety standards and practice all PPE guidelines.
• Perform incidental related duties as assigned or required.
• You should have at least 10 years of related machining experience
• Knowledge of conventional mill and lathe operations.
• Ability to program mills and lathes using CAD/CAM.
• Knowledge of metal and plastic properties such as copper, molly and acrylic.
• Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities.
• Knowledge of GD&T.
• Ability to identify errors, defects and hazards during machine operations.
• Knowledge of grinders, sheers, breaks and EDM machines.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to cross train others and perform in a team environment.
• High school diploma or GED is needed; trade school coursework is a plus.
SHIFT: 1st/Full Time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.