- 193183 - NDI/NDT Quality Engineer II
- $35 to $40.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a NDI/NDT Quality Engineer II for an opening in Waco, TX.
• Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment: conducts quality assurance tests and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost and determine the responsibility for products and materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• Performs Non-destructive (NDT) level II testing of Aircraft, structures, integrated components, Engines, Support equipment, and specialized equipment as required for the detection of faults or defects using NDT methods and techniques.in ET, UT, MT, PT and RT.
Must be able to meet NAS 410 Level II certification requirements in NDT (Non-destructive testing) methods using Eddy Current, Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, X-Ray & Ultrasonic. Eddy Current (ET) is very important requirement for this role.
• Good communication and computer skills
• Must be able and open to work all shifts including weekends and overtime as required.
• This position required to comply with all safety requirements and will access tight fit areas and confined spaces such as aircraft fuel tanks.
• Must be able to work off of elevated platforms, ladders and on top of aircraft.
• Has previously held and is certifiable to Level 2 NDT per NAS 410 in ET, UT, MT, PT, with RT.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience per NAS 410 to be considered as a Level II inspector (Must provide qualification documentation of formal training and previous experience meeting the requirements of NAS 410.)
• The visual health of the employee must be such that he/she are fully certifiable and able to function successfully as a Level 2 NDT per NAS 410.
• Other essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
• Possess a current Industrial Radiography I.D. card issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of direct experience to meet NAS 410 Level II requirements. Equivalent combination if education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in following manufactures manuals, technical data, specifications and company processes and procedures.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.