- 193204 - Lead, Systems Engineer
- $65 to $75.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead, Systems Engineer for an opening in Alpharetta, GA.
Be involved with the requirements generation, systems design, and development and testing of our avionics products.
• Defines system architectures, interface definitions, key capabilities, performance requirements, and maturity constraints that meet mission requirements.
• Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
• Develops models and growth features for future system development.
• Ensures requirements are validated, verified, and evaluates design performance with the customer.
• Performs analyses at all phases of product development life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Lead the subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and
validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle.
• Provides proposal strategy development and review as required.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to successfully plan Systems Engineering tasks for a project and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals during execution phase.
• Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, systems design, and decomposition methods.
• In-depth working knowledge of requirements decomposition, validation, and verification for highly complex airborne product developments.
• Experienced in LRU level integration of Hardware and Software elements.
• Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
• Experienced in generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports.
• In-depth working knowledge of engineering tools for requirements capture (DOORS, JAMA, etc...)
• Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C, and DO-160 development processes.
• Working knowledge of the commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX), and ARINC 818 (Fiber).
• Ability to represent system engineering design artifacts at internal and external customer meetings and audits.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Access)
• Experience in Model Based Development (MBD), behavioral/simulation, and digital engineering is a plus.
-5+ years’ experience (or 3+ years of experience with a Masters or 2+years of experience with a Ph.D.) in Systems Engineering role.
• Must be a permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology or Engineering disciplines.
SHIFT: 9/80, Full Time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.