- 193488 - Distribution Design Analyst
- Johnson County/Lenexa
- $26.92 to $38.47 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Distribution Design Analyst for an opening in Johnson County/Lenexa, KS.
Under the direction of Distribution Central Design management, the qualified candidate will perform all aspects of ensuring Distribution design and construction activities are reconciled and applicable systems are updated. The position will serve as a primary conduit between engineering and line crews assuring jobs are built as-designed or as-builts are completed in accord with final construction activity.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of autonomy interacting with a myriad of departments (including, but not limited to, design, construction, stores, system support) and completing job closings. Organization, prioritization, collaboration, personal responsibility and independence are key components to the success in this position. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Understanding the Distribution line construction standards (LCS)
• Recognizing the material used in design and construction and the inventory receipt, issue, and return guidelines within a storeroom
• Reconcile actual and estimated material quantities and review material discrepancies on completed field work
• Ensure MALCIs (multiple asset and location configurations) are completed and pass validation within the work management system. MALCIs represent details of all asset installations, modifications, and removals including associated specifications and attributes.
• Travel to job sites, as needed, to review and ensure work orders are closed accurately per final construction
• Manage the backlog of work orders to ensure timely closings; KPI report development and tracking will be required
• With applicable training, have a solid understanding how to navigate, modify, and perform more complex functions within the Maximo, Graphic Work Design, and ESRI GIS systems
While the primary duty will be to ensure accurate, timely and complete updating of all records, other duties may be applicable to complete such tasks.
Demonstrated ability to use software applications which include Microsoft products, scheduling tools, work management and mapping preferred. Has ability to resolve routine or standard problems through guidance and direction from others. Preferred candidate will have general knowledge of distribution, transmission, substation, and/or generation operations, meter operations and customer service order practices. Demonstrated experience working as a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills, customer service, and a focus on process improvement is required.
Knowledge and experience with distribution and meter operations is desired. Understanding of services and activities of a utility, as well as applicable principles and practices of utilities program management.
• Solid understanding and knowledge of relevant technology and tools used to perform quality assurance and control to accurately and completely capture asset and location data
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Constructive thinking to analyze, interpret or evaluate data or issues and process them in an accurate and high-quality manner
• Strong leadership skills to effectively work with diverse work groups
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment and balance multiple tasks
• Highly motivated and possess the ability to organize work, direct and coordinate the work with others
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required: Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions. Must have a satisfactory work record including excellent attendance.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Position is in support of LED/Security light conversion backlog. Candidate must posses excellent customer service skills as they will be communicating with external customers via phone, email, and in-person to discuss lighting options. Must be able to effectively address internal and external customer concerns. Must be organized and able to prioritize workload as needed.
Candidate will not be responsible for MALCIs (multiple asset and location configurations)
Prior experience using STORMS Works Management, PeopleSoft and CCB (Customer Care and Billing) are a plus. (Will not be using Maximo, Work Design, or ESRI)
Bachelors degree is not required. Candidate must have no less than high school diploma or equivalent.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or other related degree program is highly preferred.
SHIFT: 40hrs per week. 8am-5pm.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.