- 193742 - Software Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for an opening in Berkeley, MO.
In general, here are some of the key software components this position will be supporting:
- DevSecOps software build factory – including, but not limited to: tools, processes, automated testing, and Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), and software containerization
- -Prototype software for capability development and maturation – includes software development and module integration from multiple contributors like flight simulation, the Advanced Mission Systems Design Center (AMSDC), BDS Project Element, and Operations Analysis
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software model development, requirements development, and traceability
- Production software development, integration, test, and validation/verification at later phases of the program
- Open architecture constructs like Open Mission Systems (OMS), Open Communication Standard (OCS); utilizing the Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI)
- Multi-Tier Resource Management (MTRM) software for multi-function sensor aperture scheduling, arbitration, and skill integration
- Software development, implementation, and integration onto AvionX Defense Mission Computing (DMC) target hardware
- Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Ada
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a technical field of study
- 3+ years of professional experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Ada
- 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development
- Experience working in Agile software development framework
- Familiar working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology
- MBSE modeling in Cameo
- Integration & test experience with (Test Development Kit) TDK and/or Software Integrated Test - Environments (SITE) and/or Frameworks
- Tool chain customization
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Some travel will be required for this position, but will not be significant in the nearer term phases.
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.