- 193752 - Machinist - Cell Technician
- $20.5 to $21.00 DOE
- 6+ months
- Chipton Ross is seeking Machine Cell Technicians for openings in Shawnee, OK.
The Machinist is responsible for safely machine quality parts using operating instructions and perform set-up/change over and light machine maintenance as needed.
- Communicate with peers, area supervisor and area engineer to ensure a quality product and internal/external Customer satisfaction.
- You will read, interpret and follow operating instructions, dimensional sheets, job orders, tooling instructions, and process control charts.
- You will ensure quality of the product through various inspection, setup, and reporting techniques including the set up and use of precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, jigs and fixtures, other precision measuring instruments, as well as the effective use of gauging frequency charts.
- You will operate and perform basic routine maintenance on a variety of conventional or CNC machine tools such as drills, lathes, mills, hobbs, broaches and grinders in different manufacturing cells.
- You will use problem-solving skills to perform machine set-up operations within time allowed as detailed in the operating instructions (for CNC qualified this includes any CNC program offsets that are needed) to ensure a quality part.
- You will assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- You will perform cell housekeeping duties on each shift along with basic machine cleaning & care, to meet 5-S requirements.
- You will perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Safety Process and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor.
- A high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Experience working with manual or CNC machines in a professional or academic setting
- Possess a certificate in Machining from an accredited institution or two years of manual or CNC production machining experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with geometric tolerancing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in documents such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Working knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing methods.
- Good working knowledge of standard manufacturing equipment, shop tooling, such as CNC or conventional mills, lathes, broaches, drills and hobs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment and communicate and work with peers, supervisors, engineers, and other plant personnel.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, as would be regularly demonstrated on the job.
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of basic metrology concepts, with a good knowledge of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, engineering drawings, specifications, design standards, dimensional sheets, and/or blueprints (including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Demonstrate working knowledge of precision measuring instruments such as hand tools, micrometers, dial calipers, precision gage blocks, optical comparators, CMM, surface plate equipment, and special instruments for checking form, finish, and metallurgical characteristics.
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling devices such as fork truck and scissor lift and/or willingness and ability to complete
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day, occasionally up to 12 hours a day
- Vision to accurately read all necessary production documents and computer monitor screens
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. frequently and occasionally 50 lbs. or more (*essential: lift 30 lbs. regularly, not above shoulder height, to the extent that limited jobs with this requirement exist).
1st shift Machine Cell Technician - $20.50 - 6:55am to 3:00pm
2nd shift Machine Cell Technician -$21.00 - 2:55pm to 11:00pm
3rd shift Machine Cell Technician -$21.00 - 10:55pm to 7:00am
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.