- 193863 - Composite Technician B
- $23 to $27.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Composite Technician B for an opening in Tuscon, AZ.
• 85% of time - Performs all duties required to fabricate and integrate composite parts and assemblies. Tasks required may include:
o Constructs wet layups and/or Pre-Pregs of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or Kevlar utilizing various methods such as compression molds, vacuum bagging, and compression bladders
o Operates ovens to complete bonding cycle. Controls conditions of heat and time by setting and operating various controls according to the specifications for the materials and the bonding agents being used
o Performs minor part-fitting operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, sanding, sawing, burring, crimping, framing, riveting, and reaming
o Bonds a variety of materials (composite, metal, or laminate) to parts, components, assemblies, equipment, or structures to complete semi-finished or finished products
o Assemblies and integrates sub-assemblies to composite structures
o Paints composite structures
• 5% of time - Documents new processes, recommends updates for existing processes, and reviews drawings in support of engineering
• 5% of time - Monitors and verifies quality of finished product. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
• 5% of time - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety, upholding corporate safety standards
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
• Familiarity with various shop equipment including cutting/grinding tools, drills, etc.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, procedures, and/or schedules
• Knowledge and understanding of product quality processes
• Ability to accurately complete all required paperwork
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
• Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to:
o lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds on a regular basis.
o walking, bending, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis.
o ability to seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate manufacturing tools and equipment.
o willingness and ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises.
o Reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis.
• Aircraft A&P is desired but not required
• Experience working in an environment that implements lean practices
• Experience working in an environment that implements ESD and FOD controls
• Composites fabrication experience
High school diploma or equivalent
• 4 years’ experience in aviation maintenance / manufacturing, at least 0 - 1 years of which is in composites fabrication, or;
• Secondary education with at least 0 - 1 years of composite fabrication experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.